Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holding On (English Free Verse "The Pedestrian")

Memories slowly drifting away into oblivion
What ever happened to the old days?
When art ruled the world
And beauty shaped our thoughts
Now it seems like I am standing alone
In this struggle to hold on to the past
To hold on to old values
To the old way of thinking
I constantly fight this new world
The quiet terror of it's darkness
The darkness of which I seem to be the only light
Why can't they wake up?
Can't they see they're being manipulated?
No they can't
Because they're dead
Living corpses
All they do is sit and stare at their screens
No emotion, no feeling
I am alone because I feel

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your use of personification and contrasting images of dark and light. good poem.

    ReplyDelete